Monday, December 17, 2012
Tragedy
I am wary this morning (the first day back to school after the terrible tragedy in CT) to send my kids (and myself) back to school. What is this world coming to when a parent can't rely on the fact that their child will return safely to their arms at the end of the school day? I'm not here to point fingers or lay blame, but somethings gotta give! Every educator, administrator, and assistant I know would, without hesitation, do whatever it took to protect their students! And that fact makes me proud to be an educator! But in this day and age, in this country, the schools should not be a war zone!! I am not fully educated on the whys and hows of what happened, but to be perfectly honest, I don't even care! I just don't want to dread going to work or dropping my own children off at school for fear of what may happen... Prayers go out to every parent, child, and school employee this morning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment