So...I will be moving all of my stuff back into my classroom today. Hopefully I'll be able to get it all rearranged the way I want it and start decorating and sorting through all the crap the previous teacher left behind. I am excited! It's odd though because when I graduated I thought I would be getting my classroom ready over the summer to begin teaching at the beginning of the year. Not that it matters really, but I also thought I would be a regular ed teacher with a self-contained or departmentalized class. But...everything works out for a reason so I am going to just go with it. When I first decided to get my degree in education, my inclination was to go into special ed, so I guess I just went around it an odd way to end up in the place I had initially intended to be. I think having had an exceptional child of my own gives me an advantage when interacting with my students' parents. I hope to be able to do all I can for each one of my students as well as address the concerns of their parents.
Anyway, it is going to be a long day, but hopefully by the end of it I'll have a sense of accomplishment and hopefully be at least a little more prepared for school to start back next week!
No comments:
Post a Comment