So, besides getting a job in the middle of the school year, my classroom is getting a makeover over winter break. So instead of being able to work in my room the whole time, I have to wait until the flooring is finished and all the furniture is moved back in. There is an upside and a downside to this. Upside: I actually get to take a break over winter break. (and I get to set the room up how I want it.) Downside: I'm freaking out worrying about being settled in in time for school to start back.
The whole special-ed staff is new basically so I guess we're going to be learning the ropes together. I'm not sure how the evaluations will go since you're supposed to have 6 in a year. Will I have 3 since I'm only working half a year? If I have to have the full 6 still, someone will be evaluating me every other week!
There is so much to do and so little time to do it! I would really like to be able to go through everything in the room and get rid of stuff and rearrange, but under the current time crunch I'm facing I think I'll be doing good to get my stuff moved in and the room set up the way I want it. I guess I'll be spending time after school and on weekends wading through the rest of it.
That's all for now!
No comments:
Post a Comment