Ok, a little about me to start off: I just graduated with my teaching degree this year (I am 34 years old), I live and work in the same little town I grew up in, I have been married for 9 years, my sons are 10 years apart, and my daughter who was profoundly disabled passed away at 2 years old (6 years ago)
I will be starting my first teaching job in January (in the middle of the school year) and hope to record my adventures (good and bad) via this blog.
My initial degree is in elementary ed and I was licensed to teach Kindergarten through 6th grade. Over the summer I added on my middle school endorsement which then licensed me through 8th grade. I then proceeded to add on the endorsement for special ed K-12 this fall.
I am very excited to have gotten a job at the school closest to my home and which my 5 year old attends pre-k. I am slightly nervous about teaching special ed especially being assigned the 7th and 8th graders. However, I am confident that I can do it and look forward to the challenges in store for me.
Not only are special ed and middle school challenging, but coming in in the middle of the school year adds its own new set of challenges.
I know I'm going to laugh and cry and be frustrated and rewarded throughout this experience, and hopefully I will entertain some of you and give myself an outlet for my frustrations along the way.
This is cool . . . I'll be looking forward to keeping up with your exploits. I know that you will do well and that your students and their families will be abundantly blessed because you are their teacher . . .
ReplyDelete